Joint Venture Partners
Our Culture: Worthington Philosophy
- The first corporate goal for Worthington Industries is to earn money for its shareholders and increase the value of their investment.
- We believe that the best measurement of the accomplishment of our goal is consistent growth in earnings per share.
OUR GOLDEN RULE
- We treat our customers, employees, investors and suppliers, as we would like to be treated.
- We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset.
- We believe people respond to recognition, opportunity to grow and fair compensation.
- We believe that compensation should be directly related to job performance and therefore use incentives, profit sharing or otherwise, in every possible situation.
- From employees we expect an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay.
- We believe in the philosophy of continued employment for all Worthington people.
- In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries.
- Without the customer and their need for our products and services we have nothing.
- We will exert every effort to see that the customer’s quality and service requirements are met.
- Once a commitment is made to a customer, every effort is made to fulfill that obligation.
- We cannot operate profitably without those who supply the quality materials we need.
- We ask that suppliers be competitive in the marketplace with regard to quality, pricing, delivery and volume purchased.
- We are a loyal customer to suppliers who meet our quality and service requirements through all market conditions.
- We believe in a divisionalized organizational structure with responsibility for performance resting with the head of each operation.
- All managers are given the operating latitude and authority to accomplish their responsibilities within our corporate goals and objectives.
- In keeping with this philosophy, we do not create excessive corporate procedures. If procedures are necessary within a particular company operation, that manager creates them.
- We believe in a small corporate staff and support group to service the needs of our shareholders and operating units as requested.
- We communicate through every possible channel with our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and financial community.
- Worthington Industries practices good citizenship at all levels. We conduct our business in a professional and ethical manner.
- We encourage all our people to actively participate in community affairs.
- We support worthwhile community causes.
Our Culture: Armstrong Our Values
- To respect the dignity and inherent rights of the individual in all dealings with people.
- To maintain high moral and ethical standards and to reflect honestly, integrity, reliability and forthrightness in all relationships.
- To reflect the tenets of good taste and common courtesy in all attributes, words and deeds.
- To serve fairly and in proper balance the interests of all groups associated with the business --customers, stockholders, employees, suppliers, community neighbors, government and the general public.
- Our values are our operating principles that we established in 1960.